Thursday, 27 March 2008

Blessing To Count

Yes, I may be hacking away for the past 3 weeks or so and I've finished an entire course of antibiotics and downed almost a bottle of anti-tussive. Yes, I may have just spent a significant $200 on Manuka Honey in a bid to get well. Yes, I have been praying and asking God to heal me but nothing in my physical condition seems to confirm a complete healing from the cough. BUT I think there is still plenty to thank God for for what He has done for me in my body.

So here I am trying to list all the physical blessings I have experienced. A reminder that God is Jehovah Rapha - my healer.

1. A safe 1st trimester for me and my baby: Spotting has stopped after an initial 2 weeks. Baby is growing well despite a very odd-shaped gestation sac. No need to continue taking hormone pills.
2. No more morning sickness.
3. No cravings or an unstoppable 2nd-trimester appetite.
4. Better skin with less breakouts.
5. Smoother skin on my formerly dry legs.
6. Better undisrupted sleep in this 2nd trimester compared to the 1st.
7. Throat is no longer sore and phlegm has reduced. At least I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to gargle with salt water to ease the stinging pain in my throat!

There! Seven good reasons why God is good and God still heals me. As His word says that Jesus has borne ALL my sickness, sorrows and sins. Those who believe shall receive.

Thank you Jesus for what you have done for me and baby. Thank you for continuing to watch over us and ensuring the healthy development of every part of my baby!

No comments: