Oh me! Oh my! The dreaded pregnancy cravings have HIT me today!
I had a slow start to the day - only eating a bowl of tau huay slushed with tau huay jwee (that is, soya bean curd and soya bean drink) for breakfast at 11am. Well, that soon changed because at at 1pm, I decided to empty my entire purchase of Yong Tau Foo along with the remainder half-pack of udon into a pot of Knorr ikan-billis flavoured soup. After cooking, I promptly devoured every bit of the 10 Yong Tau Foo pieces and udon. That should have been enough, but of course it wasn't. So I decided to walk down to Prima Deli across the road to redeem my $6 cake voucher. I very nearly gave in to my craving for chocolate fudge cake, but seeing that I should try to take better care of my cough, I opted for a pandan kaya fudge cake instead and a peach danish. Of course, the pandan kaya cake is not entirely good for me because it has egg and dairy ingredients which according to TCM does my cough no good. But well, better egg than chocolate that is probably heaty. That is, according to Sarah's rationale anyways. :-)
Upon reaching home, I cut myself a nice slice of pandan kaya and gobbled it up in a minute. I had wanted to attack the peach danish next, and down a cup of nice, fragrant Earl Grey Tea. The thoughts of sugar-overloading my system and contributing towards unsightly weight gain stopped me in time. And so this is why I'm blogging about this to try distract myself from my appetite monster. Distraction is supposed to help fight the cravings as does drinking lots of water...unfortunately, in my case neither seem to be working. Even as I am writing, this computer screen seems to be flashing a wallpaper of pandan kaya slices and plump peach danishes at me. Ahhhh!!!! Someone save me from sugar craving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment