Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Sometimes when I feel fat...

Thank God for husbands who are able to help wives keep perspective in an body-image-crazy world.

I especially love my husband because he thinks that the 'Yummy Mummy' craze is just plain ridiculous. And he would take the pains to highlight why to me. And he did it even before he would see his own wife begin to balloon with a baby.

Yesterday was the first time in this pregnancy I actually started feeling fat. When I told him so, he so very sincerely and sweetly said, "You're not fat. You're pregnant and you're lovely." Aww...

I love him so. We both can't wait to meet each other next Friday in Macau. It would have been 3 months since we last saw each other. I could never imagine a guy being so excited about his wife putting on pounds and looking rounder. But well, I know my husband isn't just any guy so that is why he is so eager to see my baby belly.

Thank you Father for my wonderful husband!

No comments: